Classic, compact and elegant
This classic chair is ingeniously designed to create a sleek and compact closed profile – thanks to its unique auto-tip mechanism. When vacated, the ESPACE 628’s seat, back, and armrests rotate into a very neat envelope. The whole action occurs naturally under gravity with no springs. This page shows the basic version of the chair. Enhanced versions include the ESPACE 628T, with a fold-away writing tablet, the ESPACE 628 High Back, and the ESPACE 628CC, our top of the range ESPACE model with a thick, pocket sprung seat pan, high back, and elegant timber armrests.
- Strong design in compliance with BS EN 12727:2000 Level 4 (severe).
- Available for use on TX Telescopic Platforms, on the removable matrix system or as a standalone fixed chair.
- Spring-free gravity tip mechanism with auto-tip armrests (no folding/tipping required).
- Comfortable and ergonomic design.
- A compact closed profile of only 145mm (150mm with plastic protection panels) creates generous walkways.
- Smooth silent operation ideal for performing arts spaces.
- The choice of hundreds of venues worldwide in both traditional and contemporary settings.
- Protection panels for the outer back and/or seat underside for extra resilience, reducing wear significantly.
- The standard seat is a timber core with foam and upholstery. Optional sprung seats is available for additional comfort.
- Armrest options include ABS plastic, upholstered, timber, or curved timber.
- Seat numbering and aisle lettering.
- Various cupholder options are available.
- Upright geometry for the upper tiers of a theatre/arena.
- A variety of high specification options can be specified including plain, slotted or perforated timber panels.
- Enhanced versions of the chair include the practical ESPACE 628T with foldaway writing tablet, an elegant high backed version, and the luxurious ESPACE 628CC, designed for prolonged seating comfort.
ESPACE 628 auditorium seating solution